Get ready for Spring! Even though Truckee and the Lake Tahoe area has received record amounts of snow, spring flowers and wildflowers are getting their wake-up call.
Wildflowers begin at the lower elevations and then make their way up into the higher back country through the summer. Here’s where to find spring flowers & wildflowers:
- In April, look for wildflowers and spring flowers in the lower elevations – in Washoe Valley, try Deadman’s Creek. On U.S. 395 South, look around Topaz Lake. Around the Reno and Carson City areas, try Thomas Creek at Mt. Rose and the lower areas of Peavine Peak.
- In May, move-up to the Tahoe Basin and the area north of Truckee on Highway 89. Several popular hikes include:
- Marlette Lake Trail at Lake Tahoe East Shore
- Page Meadows at Lake Tahoe West Shore
- Ophir Creek Trail at Lake Tahoe North Shore
- Segehen Creek Trail at Stampede Reservoir
- Showers Lake & Meiss Meadows at Lake Tahoe South Shore
Looking for a cabin, condo or home? Call or eMail Scott for recommendations:
Click here for our free Guide to Truckee & north Lake Tahoe Real Estate.
Scott C. Kennedy Broker-Owner / REALTOR® Sierra-Tahoe Realty (530) 448-3308 – Cell / Direct Scott@SierraTahoeRealty.com
P.O. Box 2824 Truckee CA 96160
California Bureau of Real Estate – License #’s: 01431709 / 02002713