- For the 1st quarter of 2016, 16% more homes were sold than the 1st quarter in 2015;
- The median price for homes increased by 8.9%;
- Overall, the median time homes were on the market was unchanged at 3-months;
- A comparison of the similar homes sold in Tahoe Donner reveals the price per square foot rose approximately 8% in the 1st quarter of 2016 compared to 2015 (see graph).
Please call Scott Kennedy at (530) 448-3308, or email Scott@SierraTahoeRealty.com with any questions you may have.
- For 2015, 7% more homes were sold than in 2014 – however, ski resort sales (Alpine Meadows, Northstar & Squaw Valley) were 30-50% fewer due to less snow;
- While the median price for homes decreased by $10,000 or 2%, it is a misleading statistic;
- A comparison of the similar homes sold in Tahoe Donner reveals the price per square foot rose approximately 5% in 2015 compared to 2014 (see graph).
- Condo sales in Tahoe Donner provide the best indicator of overall change in valuation, as neighborhood statistics in other areas can be skewed by higher or lower price-points – an example being the Westshore which is skewed greatly by $2-$3 million condos in Fleur du Lac.