- Close the vents surrounding your home and re-open at the end of winter.
- Check windows for broken seals and sills in need of caulk
- Use clear plastic to seal drafts from windows and doors.
- Change furnace filters twice during the winter.
- Insulate hot water lines if your water heater is in the garage or under the home.
- Check weather-stripping around exterior doors – replace where needed.
- Use a programmable thermostat to reduce heating at night and when no one is home.
- Install a timer on your water heater so it’s not heating the water at night when not needed.
- Close the fireplace damper when not in use.
- Stockpile two weeks of food & water, including pet food.
- Check your roof and replace any missing shingles.
- Check your foundation and seal any cracks.
- Snow Blower / Thrower – change engine oil, remove / replace old gasoline, check hydrostatic fluid, have extra shear bolts
Thinking of a Truckee / Lake Tahoe vacation home?? Call or email Scott:
Scott C. Kennedy
Broker-Owner / REALTOR®
(530) 448-3308 – Cell / Direct
P.O. Box 2824 Truckee CA 96160
California Department of Real Estate – License #’s: 01431709 / 02002713
NOTE: Data compiled from the Tahoe Sierra MLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Verification recommended.