WORLD CUP WEEKEND TRANSPORTATION TIPS & INFO
If you decide to drive to Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows, please arrive early and carpool. Coffee and breakfast offerings open as early as 6am. Parking lots will reach capacity, so please refer to these resources we use to notify you:
· Mobile App: Download our mobile app and enable notifications. You will receive a push notification as soon as we know that parking has reached capacity.
· Mountain Operations Twitter: Follow us at @SquawAlpineOps on Twitter for real-time updates on lift, trail and parking status. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can still read these public tweets at twitter.com/squawalpineops.
· Digital highway signboards positioned before the tunnel entrance on 89 in Truckee and at Suburban Propane on 89 just outside of Tahoe City
· Deer Park: at the base of Alpine Road is for day use only. The Squaw/Alpine Express will be servicing this lot with continuous shuttles to both Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley.
Carpool with Friends
We strongly encourage carpooling with friends, family and neighbors. With our POW Carpool Parking, vehicles with 4 or more passengers will have access to close-in parking spots. There are 110 POW Parking spaces at Squaw Valley and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
OVERNIGHT PARKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED DURING WORLD CUP
FREE SHUTTLE TO SQUAW VALLEY ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
Take advantage of our FREE shuttles! Conveniently park your car in Truckee or Tahoe City and let us do the driving to Squaw Valley!
Truckee to Squaw Valley
Park at the Truckee Tahoe Airport: 10356 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161
· Early Morning Route: 6am-7am, picks up every 15 minutes
· Day/Night Route: from 7am, shuttles will pick up every 30 minutes from each location through 9:30pm
Tahoe City to Squaw Valley
Park at the Tahoe City Transportation Center (also known as 64 acres): 165 West Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City, CA 96145
· Early Morning Route: 6am-7am, picks up every 30 minutes
· Day/Night Route: from 7am, shuttles will pick up every hour from each location through 9:30pm
FREE SHUTTLE WITHIN SQUAW VALLEY
Chariot provides free transportation for residents and guests staying in Squaw Valley
1. Download the app available on iTunes Store and Google Play Store or visit chariot.com to get started
2. Schedule your chariot and your space is reserved. No need to wait at a crowded stop and hope there’s room for you.
3. Watch your Chariot’s progress on the app so you don’t have to wait outside in the winter weather.
FREE SHUTTLE BETWEEN SQUAW VALLEY AND ALPINE MEADOWS
Squaw/Alpine Express runs continuously between the base area of Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. Shuttles start running at 8:30am daily and pick up every 20-30 minutes.
· Leaves Village South Road in front of Squaw Valley Member’s Locker Room 8:30am
· Last bus leaving Squaw Valley 4:30pm
· Last bus leaving Alpine Meadows 4:30pm
· In the interest of safety, children 12 years & under may not ride the Squaw/Alpine Express alone. Children must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or other responsible rider who is at least 13 years old.
Avoid traffic and take Amtrak to Truckee for your World Cup weekend. Amtrak offers a convenient and enjoyable travel option from the Bay Area
· Enjoy comfortable and spacious seating as you wind through the beautiful scenery of the Sierra Nevada mountains
· California Zephyr departs daily from Emeryville, Richmond, Martinez and Sacramento to Truckee
OTHER TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
· Tahoe Sierra Transportation | 530-550-5300 | Mention World Cup for discount