Aspens are turning to fall foliage color at 7,000′ and moving down into lower elevations. Here’s where you can see spectacular color in the Truckee and Lake Tahoe Areas:
- Highway 267 – just south of the entrance to Northstar California – places to stop on the west side of the highway before you get to the top of Brockway Summit;
- Highway 89 – north of Truckee, turn right onto S450 / Henness Pass Rd – approximately 3 miles on the south side;
- Highway 28 – approximately 4.5 miles south of Sand Harbor on the east side;
- Highway 89 – Sorensens Resort and Hope Valley, and;
- Highway 89 – Monitor Pass.
Then south of the Lake Tahoe area, find fall foliage color:
- Bridgeport / Twin Lakes, and;
- Sonora Pass.
Expect foliage color from mid-September thru mid-to-late October. Altitude and weather impact peak color. Bring your camera and enjoy!
Thinking of a Truckee / Lake Tahoe vacation home? Call or email Scott:
Scott C. Kennedy
Broker-Owner / REALTOR®
(530) 448-3308 – Cell / Direct
P.O. Box 2824 Truckee CA 96160
California Department of Real Estate – License #’s: 01431709 / 02002713
NOTE: Data compiled from the Tahoe Sierra MLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Verification recommended.