New Short Term Rental rules for Tahoe Donner property owners:
- All STR property owners are required to register with Tahoe Donner within 60-days from Jan 1, 2019.
- After the effective date of January 1, 2019, property owners who commence a new short-term rental program are required to register within 30-days.
- Registration fees will not apply at this time.
- All STR owners must provide a real-time contact for the property.
- If a nuisance complaint is made, owners or designated person must contact TDA within a 45-minute window.
- All owners, renters and vacation renters must comply with Tahoe Donner Covenants Rules. Owners must provide the association rules to all renters.
- STR residences must follow occupancy rules of no more than 2 people per bedroom plus 4 additional people total (children under the age of 7 are excluded from the occupancy count).
- The number of parked vehicles shall not exceed spaces available in garages and on the driveway of the property.
- Fines will be issued for violations of these STR rules or any other association rules after notice and hearing.
- Tahoe Donner STR owners who have registered with the Town of Truckee TOT program must also register directly with Tahoe Donner Association.
Thinking of a Truckee or Lake Tahoe vacation home?? Call Scott @ (530) 448-3308, or eMail: Scott@SierraTahoeRealty.com for recommendations:
Scott C. Kennedy
Broker-Owner / REALTOR®
(530) 448-3308 – Cell / Direct
P.O. Box 2824 Truckee CA 96160
California Department of Real Estate – License #’s: 01431709 / 02002713
NOTE: Data compiled from the Tahoe Sierra MLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Verification recommended.