What’s happened to all of the homes that were listed in June & July for the Summer Selling Season?
Citing just Median Prices and Days on Market doesn’t give an accurate picture, so let’s drill-down and take a look at what became of all the homes listed in June & July this year, compared to last year.
- The number of homes listed this June & July 2018 was 474 – last year 506 homes were listed in June & July, so 6% fewer listings.
- As of October 10th of this year:
- 55 listings, or 12% of total June & July 2018 listings, were taken off the market – last year 75, or 15% were removed.
- 240 listings, or 51% of total June & July 2018 listings, have gone into escrow / contract – last year 294, or 58% went into escrow.
- 234 listings, or 49% of total June & July 2018 listings, are still on the market – last year 212, or 42%, were still on the market.
- 166 listings, or 6.8% of total June & July 2018 listings, have had a price reduction – last year 208, or 7%, had a price reduction.
This year the average June & July Summer listing was on the market 32-days. Last year the average June & July Summer listing were on the market 34-days.
Thinking of a Truckee / Lake Tahoe vacation home? Call or email Scott:
Scott C. Kennedy
Broker-Owner / REALTOR®
(530) 448-3308 – Cell / Direct
P.O. Box 2824 Truckee CA 96160
California Department of Real Estate – License #’s: 01431709 / 02002713
NOTE: Data compiled from the Tahoe Sierra MLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Verification recommended.